Episode 25: An Upward Salute to Narrative Communication
Dakota Smith, a master's student at Colorado State University and co-host of The Weather Junkies
- Hamilton, An American Musical as Dakota's inspiration for his discussion on how to garner more attention for a subject matter
- Cinematic climate change, a promising perspective on climate change communication - Maria Sakellari
- Mish Michaels isn't alone: Many meteorologists question climate change science, Boston Globe
Narrative Persuasion Literature
- Examining the Effects of Narrative in an Entertainment Television Program: Overcoming Resistance to Persuasion, Moyer-Guse & Nabi (2010).
- The Role of Transportation in the Persuasiveness of Public Narratives, Green & Brock (2000).
- Exploring the Limits of Social Cognitive Theory: Why Negatively Reinforced Behaviors on TV May Be Modeled Anyway, Nabi & Clark (2008).
- Transportation Theory
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Elaboration Likelihood Model
- Entertainment Overcoming Resistance Model
Documentaries We Talked About
Yoga with Friends:
Songs of the Week
Chained to the Rhythm - Katy Perry